Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Welcome to Summerfest 2014

This morning I awoke early and was quickly outside to take in the breathtaking vistas of the University of Pittsburgh campus nestled in scenic Johnstown, PA.

Beautiful Mountain Views

    Aside from the flora and fauna, at the moment I might as well be the only one on campus, but within 24 hours hundreds of hungry vegetarians, vegans, raw-foodists, veg curious and health-conscious individuals will descend upon this unlikely venue. 
One of my favorite reasons to be veg: the animals!



     My job is to help oversee that all these people are fed delicious, high-quality food of uncompromising integrity—and of course, I get to have a lot of fun along the way and meet and reconnect with some really wonderful folks. This year is my third year at Summerfest, and always I am seeking to present an improved experience for all those who are lucky enough to dine with us throughout the course of the conference. One of the most frequent requests I receive, as you might expect, is for recipes. In general, I am always approached with many excellent questions about techniques, ingredients and preparations that I can’t always answer as fully as is necessary during the execution of meal service. So this time around I have decided in addition to lovingly preparing thousands of meals, I would also blog my experience at Summerfest and do my best to answer any and all of your questions, post the recipes you are interested in, and without a doubt present you with lots of great food photos to salivate over.


            Setting Up
                                                                                             Whether this is your first time to Summerfest, or if you've been here every year for the last twenty, welcome home, it's so nice to have you. I'm headed into the kitchen--see y'all in the cafeteria!


No comments:

Post a Comment