Lavender Infused Watermelon Soup
Cashew Ricotta Towers
Chocolate Chia Pudding with Raspberries
This chocolate chia pudding was a runaway crowd favorite at Summerfest. And it's no surprise why. Between the perfect creaminess, lush, rich chocolaty goodness and the flavor brought on by the raspberries. While I can't share the recipe we used at the event, what follows is an alternate recipe from my upcoming book, As Raw As You Wanna Be.
Chocolate Chia Pudding
Meat from one young Thai coconut
Water from one young Thai coconut
1/2 cup cashews (more as needed)
1/2 cup pitted dates, medjool or other
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1 scraped vanilla bean, or 1 t vanilla powder
1 T cinnamon
1 t clove powder
1 t pink Himalayan salt
2/3 cups chia seeds
1 cup fresh raspberries, to garnish
chia seeds to garnish
1. Open coconut, reserve water and set aside.
2. Using a spoon or your fingers, scrape the meat from inside the coconut and add, with reserved water, to blender and blend.
3. Add cashews, dates, cacao powder, vanilla, cinnamon, clove and salt to blender and blend until smooth.
4. Add chia seeds to the pudding and fold in with a spatula.
5. Transfer to serving dishes or bowl and chill.
6. Add fresh raspberries and top with chia seeds and serve.
This recipe makes for a great layer in parfaits!
Corn Chowder with Red Pepper Cream
Ranch Kale Salad
These little bad boys were the highlight of the event from a culinary perspective for me, but as anyone who has ever had the delight to experience my raw cheesecakes will know, they are out of this world. For Summerfest we made blueberry, strawberry and raspberry...with raspberry being the people's choice. Now you can make them at home, simply by following the recipe below.
The Pie Crust
2 1/4 cups Brazil nuts or almonds
3/4 cup coconut flakes
1/3 cup + 1 pitted dates, soaked 15 min.
1/3 cup + 1 T agave nectar
1. Process all ingredients until uniform.
2. Using a 2 oz scoop, scoop and press an indent in the center with your thumb, forming a reservoir for the filling, until all the mixture is used.
3. Place crusts in the refrigerator or freezer until firm.
The Fruit Filling
2/14 cup cashews, soaked 2-8 hours
8 ounces of fruit
3/4 cup dates
1/2 cup coconut oil, liquefied
1/2 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
1/3 cup water
2 t vanilla extract
1 t sea salt
1. Place all ingredients in high speed blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour into piping bag and fill each 'thumbprint' crust.
3. Place in refrigerator or freezer until firm.